Thursday, February 12, 2009

A little bit about playing house, a little bit about art

I had hummus on toast for breakfast, a cup of V8 for lunch, a low-fat strawberry smoothie and for dinner...plus, I had about give 'guacamole on toast's, from the recipe I bragged about in the previous post. I washed that down with tea, diet chocolate cookies, more tea, chips, and...uuuugh. I don't feel so gooood. It's all because I'm stress-eating again! I checked out a summer sublet today that was perfect and perfectly cheap, but I would be living with FIVE GIRLS and the sixth one would be me...and Christopher.

So I'm nervsous about what rhetoric to use to convince the girl to let him move in with me. So far, my plan is, I will tell her I'll have 2/4 months' rent paid off in the next month and that I need an answer fast because 'another place closer to university will take us too'. Also, I want Eulipo (see below) to come with, so I have to figure that out, too...I'm not sure how comfortable people are with a rat in the cage in the kitchen.



By the way, MY BOYFRIEND WANTS TO MOVE IN WITH ME! Weee we are going to bake so much weekend bread and so many midnight cookies! If we somehow manage to convince the girl..but she seems in a rush to rid of the room and is disconnected from her other 5 roomates (they didn't even know she left town for reading week today), so I may be in luck! *LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIGHTBULB MOMENT* I am going to make her my famous lemon tart and bring it to her! Boo-yah! (unfortunately, the recipe is strictly secret, - I am convinced this tart will save me in case of a kidnapping)

Anyway, this is long overdue:



When I was in Montreal, my best friend and I slipped in to the "M" museum during the McMun conference - I have forgotten how inspirational art can be toward body image. I absolutely adore the way individuals in portraits always look like they respect every part of their body. I am yet to see 15th century art of a woman who is unsure of hey beauty - even the virgins look sure.

Personally, I am convinced that living is a kind of art form in itself, and this is why I love going to museums - they shake me out of the hustle and bustle of daily life. You think to yourself, the author spent days perfecting a canvas that is nothing, it is dead. To start treating my body with as much care and respect as the writer did the canvas would be a beautiful change of lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment